Monday, April 4, 2011

pop up store: richard chai

This is a temporary retail store for designer Richard Chai that's housed in a shipping container (I know, shipping containers never looked so good), located under the High Line in NYC. I love this project because this is what happens when the world of fashion, design, and architecture collide....pure maddness, in a good way of course. I'm a little late on the news being that it took place last year and is no longer up. But when I saw it, I was ooh'ing and ahh'ing so much that I couldn't help but post it. This is why I need to subscibe to Dwell again because I miss out on such thing (sorry I digress). The material is foam and it was sculpted to look like glaciers, creatively thought up by the architecture firm Snarkitecture. You got to their site to check out all of images here.







images via dwell